Monday, June 27, 2016

Straddling the Equator


Here I am standing with my two feet on two different hemispheres of the Earth!
Can you use clues in the photograph to determine which foot is on the north hemisphere and which is on the south?
And do you see the moon in the brilliant blue sky?
Believe it or not, I later found out they built the monument and painted the line in the WRONG place!
The true equator is about 150 meters away.  Close enough, I say!

I CANNOT resist a costume and green screen!

There was a spot to try to balance an egg on the head of a nail.
It is a commonly held belief that this only works at the Equator.  Not so.
It's hard, but possible, to perform this feat here at the Equator, in your kitchen, or anywhere on Earth.  Give it a try!













1 comment:

  1. Love the green screen shot - at the equator? Tourist fun?

    ReplyDelete